1. My husband quit his job. Now I understand that normally this would cause some concern (just bought a house, have a child to diaper and feed, etc), but this is seriously life changing already; and he’s only been quit since Friday. Nick had a very demanding job, and was working six days a week, and late everyday. And when he wasn’t working, he was answering phone calls all hours of the night, and always on his phone, answering e-mails. It was very demanding, on top of a demanding wife and son. It was taking a toll on all three of us, and I was starting to become angry (hey, you come over and watch my kid by yourself one day and you’ll know what I’m talking about). We decided as a mature (questionable) couple that he needed to quit, and we’ll make it work. We all three are already happier.
2. Working in TN. I have a wonderful job, and with that job there is opportunity to travel from time to time. And guess what?! Since my husband isn’t working, he and Liam were able to tag along. So, in the evenings we are able to hang out and do stuff as a family. They are having more fun (I suspect) during the day while I slave away, but I feel we are blessed to have this time together. And they are re-establishing a profound relationship. Last night after work, we visited Nashville, and I got to check out Miranda Lambert’s boutique. FUN!!!
3. My child is taking his antibiotics willingly. Liam had a bout of strep throat, and I cringed knowing he’d be on antibiotics, along with dreading the twice-a-day fight that would ensue. The doctor suggested that we give him yogurt after each dose, to keep him from getting diarrhea. I think that was the key… He looks forward to the yogurt and therefore will open up and take those meds like it’s candy. SCORE!!!
4. Yard sales! It is the season for good deals and legally snooping in others junk IN THEIR YARD! That’s really the main reason I go; let’s face it, I’m nosey. I get it honest (grandma). But seriously, I would go yard saling with my mawmaw all the time when I was younger, and I enjoyed those moments as a kid. So, I guess it brings back amazing memories for me. Also, I do love a good deal. Look what I got Liam for 5$!!!!
5. I’ve been making a decent attempt at exercise and dieting. I am amazing myself: getting up early and shit to exercise (ok, so it’s only been a few times), but I’m certain I can only get better. And with Nick not working, I can enjoy evening classes at the fitness center where we live. It has been easy this week, since we are on central time, therefore I am getting up at the same time (internal clock), and still have time to workout. There’s also a pool and fitness center at the hotel. WOOT! My diet waxes and wanes, but I’m doing more good to my body than bad.
What shit are you loving right now?